Other Books in Series
This is book number 17 in the An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel series.
- #1: The Monkey's Raincoat: An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Stalking the Angel: An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Lullaby Town: An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Free Fall: An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Sunset Express: An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: L.A. Requiem (An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel #8) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #9: The Last Detective: An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Forgotten Man: An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: The First Rule (An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: The Sentry (An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel #14) (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Taken (An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel #15) (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: The Promise (An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #18: A Dangerous Man (An Elvis Cole and Joe Pike Novel #18) (Paperback): $17.00
THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Investigator Elvis Cole and his partner Joe Pike take on the deadliest case of their lives in the new masterpiece of suspense from #1 New York Times-bestselling author Robert Crais.
It seemed like a simple case--before the bodies started piling up . . .
When single mother Devon Connor hires private investigator Elvis Cole, it's because her troubled teenage son, Tyson, is flashing cash and she's afraid he's dealing drugs. But the truth is devastatingly different. With two other partners in crime, he's been responsible for a string of high-end burglaries, a crime spree that takes a deadly turn when one of them is murdered and Tyson and his girlfriend disappear.
They stole the wrong thing from the wrong man. Determined to get it back, he has hired a team that is smart and brutal, and to even the odds, Cole calls in his friend Joe Pike. But even they may be overmatched. The hired killers are leaving a trail of bodies in their wake. A few more won't make any difference.
About the Author
Robert Crais is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of twenty novels, sixteen of them featuring private investigator Elvis Cole and his laconic ex-cop partner, Joe Pike. Before writing his first novel, Crais spent several years writing scripts for such major television series as Hill Street Blues, Cagney & Lacey, Miami Vice, Quincy, Baretta, and L.A. Law. He received an Emmy nomination for his work on Hill Street Blues, and one of his standalone novels, Hostage, was made into a movie starring Bruce Willis. His novels have been translated into forty-two languages and are bestsellers around the world. A native of Louisiana, he lives in Los Angeles.
“The Wanted is a firecracker of a book—a great way to jumpstart the new year.”—The Wall Street Journal
“Gripping...The Wanted brings private detective Elvis Cole back in his full glory, so if you’re a fan you’ll rejoice, while new readers can celebrate a welcome literary gift from a master of the craft.”—The Huffington Post
“[A]nother page-turner by one of the most reliable storytellers in modern crime fiction.”—Associated Press
“Expertly crafted.”—Seattle Times
“Crais's trademark humor and thoroughly accurate, genuine depictions of human interactions make this one of his best yet... [He] delivers another highly and deeply satisfying page-turner.”—Library Journal
"Crais, who has a Grandmaster Award from the Mystery Writers of America, always delivers riveting crime fiction while somehow offering something unique in every novel. Here it's the surprisingly interesting, Tarantino-like conversations between Harvey and Stemms as they plan their next deadly steps. More fantastic reading from a perennial A-lister who belongs on every crime fan's TBR list.”—Booklist (starred review)
“Among West Coast mystery writers, none is more reliable than Crais, who is in excellent form here....In his 21st book, Los Angeles ace Crais extends his streak of sharp, enjoyable thrillers.”—Kirkus Reviews
“The empathic Elvis takes center stage, with just enough hard-boiled Pike to season the mayhem...expertly crafted.”—Publishers Weekly
“Crais is one of the best crime writers in the business, and this thrilling novel will not only be wanted by thriller aficionados, but cherished as well. He has another guaranteed bestseller on his hands.”—Suspense Magazine
“[Crais is] an excellent maker of suspense plots and thriller scenes, and gives full value on that score, but his real interest is in character, including mostly people who also seem grim and dark.”—Sullivan County Democrat
“[An] outstanding crime-thriller...the tone is clearly dark, bordering on noir, to spectacular results. The Wanted is a book you definitely want to find under your Christmas tree. A relentless and riveting read that is everything great crime fiction is supposed to be.”—Providence Journal